Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sometimes sushi is just superb, and other times there's nothing like a great big steak. It depends on where your taste buds are at the time. ~ Francesca Annis

Sushi is a Japanese dish consisting of cooked, vinegared rice which is commonly topped with other ingredients, such as fish or other seafood, or put into rolls.

My new addiction is sushi.

I am determined to try sushi everywhere I can find it. I went with Jennifer to the Tokyo Steakhouse and the Citrus roll was devine. I bought a California Spicy Salmon roll from Costco and it was also quite delicious. I tried a Cucumber Maki roll from Tepanyaki Steakhouse and it was sweet and simple, but tasty.

Saturday is the BIG event! Donald is taking me to the Happy Sumo. OMG! I can't wait. I looked up the menu online and I can't even decide what I want to try. I want it all!! A combo platter of some sort is going to be my best bet because I don't want a plate full of the same thing. It's all too beautiful and unique to have a plate full of one thing. I want to try a variety of different seafood and flavors.

I'll probably order the Master Sumo Combo, which is Rainbow roll, spicy hand roll and 3 pieces of sashimi.

My favorite is Tobiko. Tobiko is the Japanese word for flying fish roe used to create certain types of sushi. Tobiko is sometimes used as an ingredient in a California roll which is a maki-sushi roll usually made inside-out, containing cucumber, crab, and avacado and rolled in sesame seeds. The eggs are small, with a beautiful red-orange color, a mild smoky-salty taste, and a crunchy texture. They literally burst in your mouth! A salty little POP that makes your eyes widen and awakens the senses. Heavenly...is all I can say...

No comments:

Post a Comment